Wednesday, January 29, 2014

And So It Begins (School that is)- January 29, 2014

I never thought I would be excited for school. I guess it had to happen eventually. I'm not complaining. I'm super excited for school in Israel. Now if you're wondering if I'm going to an Israeli school, you're wrong, but thats okay. EIE has its own schooling program. Its pretty cool actually. All American classes, my normal classes plus three hours of Jewish History, which is amazing and two hours of Hebrew. I've been put in the highest Hebrew class, I'm a little unsure of how I'll do considering everyone in that class are very good speakers. I'm very good at reading and writing and I think I can speak fairly well but if that is not the case, I'll definitely be dropping down. I will be having Hebrew later so further down in this post there will be something about it. 

Right now it is 10:42 and I'm currently in Jewish History with Aaron Gertz. He's one of the coolest and most knowledgeable person I've met so far. He knows so much about Israel and religions. Its such an interesting class, I should probably get back to learning. Or sitting listening to my computer be obnoxious....


Hebrew class may just be my favorite class. I have Eitana as my teacher and I'm in love with this class. Barb and I started out in the second level learning the aleph-bet and we just looked at each other like we knew we were not in the right class. The main Hebrew teacher came in pointed at us and took us to the right class. Which happened to be Eitanas or the highest class with all the fluent speakers and readers. Hebrew is my favorite so far. Its quite wonderful.

So the rest of my classes are interesting. Considering everyone is at different levels for every class. All the classrooms are super duper cold. Its very hard to concentrate with the cold air from the open windows. I can't wait until its warm it'll be so much nicer to walk to class. 

Life in Israel is absolutely wonderful so far. I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment